Go Watch This

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I seldom rave about films and few make an impression on me (There's this show which has garnered numerous nominations in the recent goldern horse award...and guess what I only vaguely remember it).

But....I really feel the need to advertise for this film "Merry Christmas" (or "Joyeux Noel")...so enamoured was I with this film that I bought the vcd once it was released. My friends have raved about my recommendations in movies so please trust me on this.

Ignore the review below if it makes the movie seems boring(what with the seemingly dull history background to those who dislike history) because the movie is anything but that.

I think I first watched this film in 2005 and now its showing in Aillance Francaise Theatre. (Its at 1 Sarkies Road) Tickets are selling at $7.20 from Sistic.

A review from
http://www.ericdsnider.com/movies/merry-christmas/

In "Merry Christmas" (or "Joyeux Noel" as it's known in its native France), German, Scottish and French soldiers lay down their arms in the middle of World War I to celebrate Christmas together. It's a stunning act of pacifism and humanity, made all the more moving because it really happened, on a battlefield in France in 1914.

0 comments: