Are you trying to do an advertisment for MOE?

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Perhaps you are wondering....



Why is this blog so chirpy....proclaiming on all the positive things on teaching.....



You must either be

1) A new teacher looking through rose tinted glasses

2) Doing an advertisment for MOE



Truth be told, I was so burnt out and frustrated with teaching within the 1st year that I wanted to break my bond and leave. Work was piling up, I kept falling sick, and I didn't exactly adore the kids in my class. My colleagues would complain about how rowdy they are, how they bullied the relief teacher, even the other teacher teaching them did not enjoy teaching them . I was getting pissed with the fact that it was so hard to discipline them and that they would keep rebutting what I taught them.



The fact that I was rushing through the syllabus yet their results leave little to be desired did not help either.



Then, during the holidays, I met a wonderful teacher who shared alot on not only teaching but how to live life.

So far,at least many went to better classes. They are easier to teach and the other subject teacher told me he was sad to see them go.

Yes, its true. Teaching can be really tiring and frustrating. But I'm sure many of you already know that.

I want to share another side of teaching as well. One that is fufilling and happy and perhaps in the process share how we can achieve it.

0 comments: