Students' Independent Day- Teachersurprise

Sunday, September 21, 2008



My students planned a surprise for me for Teachers' day.

Some of them stayed back to decorate the classroom.I was in for a pleasant surprise when I went to class early that day to prepare for lessons.
Nearly every part of the classroom was decorated.

After the morning assembly, my students prevented me from going into the classroom not knowing that I had already discovered the surprise.

To my further surprise, almost all the students (save for those guards) hid under their chairs and popped up as I opened the door.

One of the students took the initiative to plan a party. Some of the students brought along tibits. The ringleader made sandwiches for the whole class!


Their parents knew it and even supported their planning.

Am I touched? Yes? So what am I happy about?

First, they showed team spirit.

Second, they showed independence. They are only nine years old. Yet, they could initiate and plan the party on their own. Can I claim the credit? I dare not. But I do try to inculcate in them independence. You can see the next post if you are still interested in reading.

0 comments: