Hit and Run

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What kind of day was it? Actually , I can't remember at all. Was it sunny, windy or cloudy? Truth is I was probably too absorbed in my grouchiness and self pity in needing to go back to school during the school holidays to notice the weather.

Upon arriving in school, probably still clouded by my grouchiness, I did not take note in where my steps have taken me.

Suddenly, I heard a cracking sound. Being retarded, it took some time for me to stop and retraced my steps. I couldn't make out what I had stepped on.

"Its a snail," my colleague enlightened me.

So you can imagine the damage that was done to cause the snail to be beyond recognition.

I walked back to my office.

After telling a colleague who sits near me what had happened, we took some paper , intending to bury the snail if it was dead or do whatever we could to salvage the damage.

Alas, the snail was cleared by a cleaner when we went back to the place of incident.

The poor snail, no voice to scream for help and too slow to try and escape. Imagine if glass was crushed on your body, probably that's what the snail felt when I stepped on its shell and its shell was cracked and crushed into its body.

I couldn't think of anything else to do for the snail except to utter a word of prayer and pay more attention to where I was walking in the future.

0 comments: