Mummies Alive!

Sunday, October 19, 2008


In this time of age where hand made gifts are replaced with expensive and exqusitely produced presents, hand made cards become a rare commodity.



Two cards caught my eyes.










Hmm....when did I become a mum?




.


.


.


.


.


















Actually, Its a card made by my student to her mum.


The student thanked her mum for her hard work, and promised to give her mum glasses of water. After she give a glass of water to her mum, her mum will sign on the card. Her mum asked her to show me this card. =)




This is another card given to me on Teachers' Day. (Yup, I am a procrastinator)




I had given the class lessons on the pains that their mothers had to go through to bring them into this world. Then, we will come up with ideas on how to thank their mothers. Many a times, we (myself included) would want to be filial to our parents but do not know how to go about doing that.


Many times, students do want to follow our instructions but do not know how to go about doing that.


For example, in the past , I would always holler at my students to line up in two straight lines to no avail. Thus, I taught them how to line up in two straight lines.


i.e. Make sure your shoulders are aligned with the shoulders of your friend standing in front.


Sometimes sadly, students(including myself in the past) do not understand why they need to be filial to their parents.


Are we being filial to the most important people in our lives? If you are still interested, read my next post.

0 comments: