Saying I'm sorry

Friday, June 25, 2010

I came back to Singapore on the night of Fathers' Day so I did not get to see my father. The following morning, I greeted and apologised to my father, for being an unfilial daughter.

I could not help but feel that if I had apologised earlier ,my father would have been less lonely for the past years.

Family ties is something that will endure the test of time, harsh words and behaviours. Unfortunately, friendships are more fragile. Sometimes, an unintentional word or behaviour can cause irreversible damage. I wished that I have known this earlier.

Being a scatterbrain, I forget harsh words said to me easily and can be friendly to the person easily. I have naively believed that others would forgive me easily too. This is not so. Sometimes, I don't even realise or care enough on the hurt that I inflicted on others.

Be kind and treasure those around you and never take them for granted.

0 comments: